Welcome to the International Forum of Meteorological Societies
News & Announcements
- Future Meetings
InterMET Asia — THE EXTREME WEATHER EVENT
27 Mar 2019 - 28 Mar 2019 • SUNTEC, Singapore
CMHE — China high-tech Expo on Meteorological modernization 2019
10 Apr 2019 - 12 Apr 2019 • Shanghai, China
Chinese Meteorological Administration and Chinese Meteorological Society
AMOS-ICSHMO 2019 — International Conference on Tropical Meteorology and Oceanography
11 Jun 2019 - 15 Jun 2019 • Darwin, Australia
Join IUGG in Montreal to celebrate the 100th anniversary of International cooperation in Earth and Space Sciences
Sponsored by: CANADIAN GEOPHYSICAL UNION (CGU) & CANADIAN METEOROLOGICAL AND OCEANOGRAPHIC SOCIETY (CMOS)
Atmospheric Science Conference 2019
02 Jul 2019 - 03 Jul 2019 • University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Sponsors: The National Centre for Atmospheric Science and the Royal Meteorological Society
35th International Conference on Alpine Meteorology (ICAM2019)
In the wonderful city of Riva del Garda (Italy) on 2-6 September 2019.
Centennial Conference of the American Meteorological Society
Concurrently with the 6th IFMS Global Meeting 6 (IFM6)
12–16 January 2020 Boston, MA;
The International Forum of Meteorological Societies (IFMS) is an organization to foster and encourage communication and exchange of knowledge, ideas and resources among the world’s more than sixty meteorological societies.
The IFMS is quite distinct from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). Whereas the WMO is an agency of the United Nations that deals with cooperation between Meteorological Services of various nations, the IFMS is meant to create cooperation between Meteorological Societies of the World.
The IFMS is organized exclusively for scientific, educational and charitable purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Foster, promote, and encourage cooperation, communication, collaboration, and exchange of knowledge, ideas and resources among the meteorological societies of the world.
- Advance the science and profession of meteorology and related sciences worldwide and to assist the development of applications of these subjects for the public welfare and benefit of the peoples of the world.
- Develop international bridges to encourage collaboration among public, private and academic sectors as a well as users.
- Assist in developing and promoting capacity building efforts that produce effective and sustainable service capabilities in developing countries.
- Assist all meteorological societies in developing best practices.
- Assist developing meteorological societies to strengthen themselves.
- Help start new meteorological societies in countries where none exists.
- Facilitate cooperation between meteorological societies worldwide.
- Facilitate the sharing of relevant accreditation information, procedures, guidelines and standards and, to do any and all things permitted for a not-for-profit corporation organized under prevailing laws in the jurisdiction where IFMS is incorporated.
- Assist National Meteorological Societies to promote collaboration among the Private/Public/University/ NGO sector social civil organizations
- Assist Private Sector companies to facilitate international outreach especially to build infrastructure in developing countries.