Welcome to the International Forum of Meteorological Societies
COMET Training Programs and IFMS Approach to E&T
Webinar 5: January 29, 2021
Global Campus Initiative and IFMS E&T Program
Webinar 6: February 17, 2021
Presentations for Creating National Met Societies
Webinar 7: April 7, 2021
News and Announcements
IFMS is proud to announce the creation of the African Meteorological Society. We are working on creating National Meteorological Societies in Africa and elsewhere.
A Webinar on How to create a National Meteorological Society will be arranged for April 7, 2021. You will be informed via email as well as an announcement on this website.
If your country does not have a Meteorological Society, we strongly recommend your National Meteorological Service to create one. We will fully you how to achieve it. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for assistance.
IFMS completed its . concurrently with AMS’ Centennial Celebration in Boston, Massachusetts, USA on January 14 and 16, 2020. It featured presentations by , WMO Secretary General, , the Director of the National Weather Service, USA, , the Team Leader of GFDRR's Weather and Climate Information for Decision Support (WCIDS) Program, , President of AMS, incoming President of AMS, , President EMS and the IFMS Council members. spoke about WMOs Global Campus and about AMS Volunteer force Initiative.
IFMS redoubles its effort to create/strengthen National Meteorological Societies and Regional Meteorological Societies by holding Zoom-Meetings in each region.
Please follow all the Guidelines to protect against COVID-19. We care….
The International Forum of Meteorological Societies (IFMS) is an organization to foster and encourage communication and exchange of knowledge, ideas and resources among the world’s more than sixty meteorological societies.
The IFMS is quite distinct from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). Whereas the WMO is an agency of the United Nations that deals with cooperation between Meteorological Services of various nations, the IFMS is meant to create cooperation between Meteorological Societies of the World. The Summary of the IFMS Value Proposition is provide in this link.
The IFMS is organized exclusively for scientific, educational and charitable purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Foster, promote, and encourage cooperation, communication, collaboration, and exchange of knowledge, ideas and resources among the Meteorological Societies of the world.
- Advance the science and profession of meteorology and related sciences worldwide and to assist the development of applications of these subjects for the public welfare and benefit of the peoples of the world.
- Develop international bridges to encourage collaboration among public, private and academic sectors as a well as users.
- Assist in developing and promoting capacity building efforts that produce effective and sustainable service capabilities in developing countries.
- Assist all meteorological societies in developing best practices.
- Assist developing meteorological societies to strengthen themselves.
- Help start new meteorological societies in countries where none exists.
- Facilitate cooperation between meteorological societies worldwide.
- Facilitate the sharing of relevant accreditation information, procedures, guidelines and standards and, to do any and all things permitted for a not-for-profit corporation organized under prevailing laws in the jurisdiction where IFMS is incorporated.
- Assist National Meteorological Societies to promote collaboration among the Private/Public/University/ NGO sector social civil organizations
- Assist Private Sector companies to facilitate international outreach, specially to build infrastructure in developing countries.