Welcome to the International Forum of Meteorological Societies
News & Announcements
- Future Meetings
TROPMET 2019 to be held in Andhra University, Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh during 11-14 December, 2019 - National Symposium on Land, Ocean and Atmosphere Interactive Processes in the Context of Weather and Climate.
Centennial Conference of the American Meteorological Society - 12–16 January 2020 Boston, MA Concurrently with the IFMS Global Meeting #6 (IGM6) to be held on January 14 & 16, 2019 with World Bank (GFDRR) Global Weather Enterprise (GWE) Workshop on January 15, 2019
AMOS 2020 - International Conference on Indian Ocean Meteorology and Oceanography: Sun., Feb. 9, 2020 – Fri., Feb. 14, 2020
CMHE - China high-tech Expo on Meteorological modernization 2020 : 26 Apr - 28 Apr 2020 • Shanghai, China - Sponsored by: Chinese Meteorological Administration and Chinese Meteorological Society
The 54th Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS) Congress : May 24-28, 2020.
EMS Annual Meeting 2020: 07-11 September 2020, University of Economics, Bratislava
Meteorology Technology Exhibition: September 22, 23, 24, 2020
Hall 7.1, Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Paris, France
The International Forum of Meteorological Societies (IFMS) is an organization to foster and encourage communication and exchange of knowledge, ideas and resources among the world’s more than sixty meteorological societies.
The IFMS is quite distinct from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). Whereas the WMO is an agency of the United Nations that deals with cooperation between Meteorological Services of various nations, the IFMS is meant to create cooperation between Meteorological Societies of the World.
The IFMS is organized exclusively for scientific, educational and charitable purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Foster, promote, and encourage cooperation, communication, collaboration, and exchange of knowledge, ideas and resources among the meteorological societies of the world.
- Advance the science and profession of meteorology and related sciences worldwide and to assist the development of applications of these subjects for the public welfare and benefit of the peoples of the world.
- Develop international bridges to encourage collaboration among public, private and academic sectors as a well as users.
- Assist in developing and promoting capacity building efforts that produce effective and sustainable service capabilities in developing countries.
- Assist all meteorological societies in developing best practices.
- Assist developing meteorological societies to strengthen themselves.
- Help start new meteorological societies in countries where none exists.
- Facilitate cooperation between meteorological societies worldwide.
- Facilitate the sharing of relevant accreditation information, procedures, guidelines and standards and, to do any and all things permitted for a not-for-profit corporation organized under prevailing laws in the jurisdiction where IFMS is incorporated.
- Assist National Meteorological Societies to promote collaboration among the Private/Public/University/ NGO sector social civil organizations
- Assist Private Sector companies to facilitate international outreach especially to build infrastructure in developing countries.