Portuguese Association of Meteorology and Geophysics
Purpose and Objective
- Undertake efforts to promote research, teaching and applications of meteorological, geophysical and related sciences;
- To cooperate with bodies developing meteorological and geophysical activities, establishing relations with them for defending the ethical and deontological principles of scientific and professional activities in their respective areas;
- Collaborate with institutions working to protect the climate system and prevent natural disasters;
- Relate to similar entities, organize and be represented at scientific meetings;
- Foster union and fellowship among associates.
Country or Region: Portugal
Established Since: 1996
Number of Members: 120
Newsletters and Minutes of the Symposia
Other Society Information:
Current President: Luís Pessanha (Mr.) – [email protected]; [email protected]
APMG is an independent, non-profit association that brings together scientists, professionals and anyone interested in any area of meteorological, geophysical or related sciences.