Society of Hydrologists and Meteorologists-Nepal
Purpose and Objective
The objectives of the society are:
- Promote studies and researches in the field of hydrology and meteorology in Nepal.
- Help academic and professional upliftment of Nepalese Hydrologists and Meteorologists and protect their rights.
- Establish contacts with concerned national and international organizations towards development of mutual benefit.
- Develop involvement of national professionals related to hydrology and meteorology towards overall development of the country.
- Promote contacts, solidarity and professional ethics among hydrologists and meteorologists.
- Conduct research independently or in collaboration with national and international institutions, publish materials related to this, as well as conduct consultancy services.
Country or Region: Nepal
Established Since: 2002
Number of Members: 168
Suman Kumar Regmi
Journal of Hydrology and Meteorology - A peer review Journal in English issued annually
SOHAM-Nepal Newsletter- Newsletter in English issued twice in a year
Other Society Information:
The Society of Hydrologists and Meteorologists – Nepal (SOHAM-Nepal) is a non profitable professional organization registered at the District Administration Office, Kathmandu on January 16, 2002.
The General Assembly is the highest body of the society which prepares the rules and regulations of the society and guides it. The annual general assembly can be called only after a 15-day public notice and will need a presence of 51% the total number of members. Beside the Annual General Assembly, a Special Assembly may be called if necessary. According to SOHAM-Nepal rules and regulations (SOHAM BIDHAN 2058), every three years the executive committee will form three members election committee to conduct the election for new executive committee. The tenure of the executive committee is of three years. The elected executive committee will be sworn in the general assembly.
The executive committee comprises 13 members, which includes Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, General Secretary, Secretary, Treasurer and eight members. Among the eight members, two members are nominated by the first meeting of newly elected executive committee to make the committee more inclusive and representative. The present seventh executive committee was formed by the election held on August 8, 2014 and also got the responsibility on August 31, 2014 for the period of next three years (2014-2017). The executive Committee will hold at least three meetings annually. The General Assembly meets annually and executive committee presents activities performed, programs and budgets in the assembly. The Fourteen General Assembly was held on September 25, 2015 in Kathmandu.
The members of present executive committee
Mr. Jagat Kumar Bhusal - Chairman
Dr. Rijan Bhakta Kayastha - Vice Chairman
Mr. Suman Kumar Regmi - General Secretary
Mr. Barun Poudel - Secretary
Mr. Rameshwor Rimal - Treasurer
Mr. Binod Parajuli - Member
Dr. Dibas Shrestha - Member
Dr. Hemu Kafle - Member
Mr. Narayan Prasad Gautam - Member
Mr. Ramchandra Karki - Member
Mr. Sujan Subedi - Member
Dr. Khada Nanda Dulal - Member
Mr. Pradeep Man Dongol - Member
SOHAM-Nepal has convened two international conferences in 2008 and 2013 and first National Symposium on Hydrology and Meteorology in 2015 with great success.