Sudanese Meteorological Society
Purpose and Objective
- Encourage scientific research in Meteorology and related sciences.
- Spread meteorological and climatological practices among the different communities.
- Issue and disseminate scientific reports, journals, documents to raise the awareness of the public, scientific community and decision makers on how to maximize and make use of meteorological data and services.
- Organize seminars, workshops, lectures and Studies in collaboration with local, national and international Organizations.
- Initiate and design development projects for the benefit of the end users of meteorological services.
- Promote integration of Sudanese meteorological indigenous knowledge and good practices with the scientific knowledge.
Country or Region: Sudan – Africa
Established Since: 2003
Number of Members: :(Individual= 210, corporate/Associative members=20)
- Dr. Hassan Mohamed Hassan Addoma; President: [email protected]; [email protected]
- Ammar Mokhtar Gomaha, Secretary General. [email protected].sd; [email protected]
- Information Office: [email protected]
Sudan, Khartoum, Africa Road, next to tennis playground
Sudan Meteorological Authority
Other Society Information: